Who should attend
- System Administrators and Platform Operators interested in the ongoing management of OpenShift clusters, applications, users, and add-ons.
- Site Reliability Engineers interested in the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of Kubernetes clusters.
- System and Software Architects interested in understanding the security of an OpenShift cluster.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
, or equivalent skills deploying and managing Kubernetes applications using the OpenShift web console and command-line interfaces.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to manage Red Hat OpenShift clusters and support containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable. Red Hat OpenShift is an enterprise-hardened application platform based on Kubernetes that provides a common set of APIs and abstractions that enable application portability across cloud providers and traditional data centers. Red Hat OpenShift adds consistency and portability of operational processes across these environments and can also be deployed as a managed service. A Red Hat SRE team shares the responsibility of managing Red Hat OpenShift clusters with a customer’s IT operations team when using a managed OpenShift offering such as Red Hat OpenShift on AWS (ROSA) or Azure Red Hat OpenShift.
Impact of this training
As a result of attending this course, students will be able to perform the set of tasks that OpenShift cluster administrators are expected to perform in their daily jobs for on-premises, cloud-based, and vendor-managed clusters, including enabling add-on operators. Students will also be able manage multi-tenant permissions for different roles and configure applications that require privileged access to cluster and host resources.
Follow On Courses
Configure, manage, and troubleshoot OpenShift clusters and containerized applications
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster with exam (DO281) teaches you how to configure, troubleshoot, and manage Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. This hands-on, lab-based course shows you how to verify the successful installation of a cluster, manage it on a day-to-day basis, and troubleshoot the deployment of containerized applications.This course focuses on configuring multi-tenancy and security features of OpenShift as well as managing OpenShift add-ons based on operators. Red Hat Certified OpenShift Administrator exam is Included in this offering.
The skills you learn in this course can be applied using all versions of OpenShift, including Red Hat OpenShift on AWS (ROSA), Azure Red Hat OpenShift, and OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat® OpenShift® 4.12.
- Deploying packaged applications using manifests, templates, kustomize, and helm.
- Configuring authentication and authorization for users and applications.
- Protecting network traffic with network policies and exposing applications with proper network access.
- Deploying and managing applications using resources manifests.
- Enabling developer self-service of application projects.
- Managing OpenShift cluster updates and Kubernetes operator updates.