Supporting the adoption of container technology through the development of container-native applications
The Container Adoption Boot Camp for Developers (DO720) immerses you in intensive, hands-on development of container-native applications deployed on Red Hat's implementation of Kubernetes, Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. As part of enrollment, you will receive one year of Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard, which gives you unlimited access to all of courses online, plus up to five certification exams and two retakes. This boot camp is for those seeking to make a quantum leap in their journey toward digital transformation. Making this shift involves developing software in tight iterations so that business value can be realized sooner. In order to accomplish this goal, this offering can facilitate the adoption of container-native applications, including microservices.
This collection of courses is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.
Who should attend
Developers interested in adopting container technology and developing microservices.
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- or experience with Java EE development
- Internet access is required for this course in order to access the OpenShift shared and dedicated clusters.
Impact on the organization
This boot camp is intended to provide developers who have basic to intermediate knowledge of containers with the foundational and advanced skills needed to develop, deploy, and troubleshoot microservices applications with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform enables rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. The platform also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance of adaptive or cloud-native applications.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to install, configure, and manage a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform cluster and deploy applications on it.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Create and manage custom container images.
- Deploy applications to OpenShift Container Platform.
- Develop microservices using Quarkus.
- Design container images to containerize applications.
- Customize application builds and implement post-commit build hooks.
- Create a multi-container application template.
- Implement health checks to improve system reliability.
- Implement unit and integration tests for microservices.
- Use the Config specification to inject data into a microservice.
- Implement fault tolerance in a microservice using OpenShift Service Mesh.
- Secure an OpenShift Service Mesh.
Recommended next exam or course
- Introduction to containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
- Build and design containerized applications for OpenShift
- Create microservice-based applications with Quarkus
- Deploy microservices to an OpenShift cluster
- Build resilient services with Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh
- Secure an OpenShift service mesh