This course is part of the following Certifications:
To be successful, students should have a solid understanding of the following:
- Fundamentals 1 (Retired)
- Fundamentals 2 (Retired)
Or the following single-subject modules:
- Splunk Cloud overview
- User Authentication and Authorization
- Index Management and Data Retention
- Splunk configuration files
- Cloud Ingestion – Using Splunk forwarders
- Forwarder management
- Data inputs in detail
- Cloud Ingestion – Use API, Scripted, HEC and Applications
- Event Parsing with data preview
- Manipulating raw data
- Installing and managing applications
- Problem isolation and working with Splunk Cloud support
This 18-hour hands-on module prepares administrators to manage users and get data in Splunk Cloud. Modules include data inputs and forwarder configuration, data management, user accounts, and basic monitoring and problem isolation.
The module provides administrators with the skills, knowledge and best practices for data management and system configuration for data collection and ingestion in a Splunk Cloud environment to maintain a productive Splunk SaaS deployment.
Please note that classes may run across four days, consisting of 4.5 hour sessions each day.