- Introduction to Splunk Observability (eLearning)
- Introduction to Splunk Log Observer Connect (eLearning)
- Basic knowledge of navigating and visualizing metrics in Splunk Observability Cloud
- View log data
- Describe how log data is parsed and structured in the tool
- Create filters for log data; save and reuse these filters
- Investigate the shape of log data with Log Observer Connect
- Analyze data with aggregation functions and group by rules
- Describe Log Observer Connect setup
This course is designed for developers responsible for debugging their own applications, and for SREs responsible for troubleshooting performance issues. Splunk Log Observer Connect is built primarily for DevOps teams working on applications built on modern tech stacks (containerized microservices) and who need to explore logs from Splunk Cloud Platform or Splunk Enterprise in Splunk Observability Cloud. However, the course can be taken by anyone who wants to view recent log data in a no-code environment.
This 3-hour course describes how to use the tool to work with log data using the no-code user interface. Learn to create, save, and share search filters, and to investigate Splunk Cloud/Enterprise logs in context with correlated metrics and traces. Learn to add log messages to dashboards. Analyze logs with aggregation functions and group by rules.
All concepts are taught using lectures and scenario-based hands-on activities